Blue Dots

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Week Later in My Creative Space...


...and the beanie and music book bag are both finished.


Miss Seven had her piano lesson yesterday and reported back that her piano teacher had said: "Tell your mum I am very jealous of your lovely book bag!".

I was very happy with the result, particularly given it was my first time putting a zip into the top of a lined bag. Also, I didn't intend to make a strap that was adjustable with a knot at the top. I wanted to make two straps - one for each side - but I started making them without much pre-planning and did a few things I wasn't happy with and then had no patience for unpicking and redoing. Thus - the single strap was my solution. As it turns out, the adjustable strap is perfect as Miss Seven can change the length as she grows. And apologies for the dodgy blocking out of her name on the left hand side of the yellow strip - in reality it's not blank but I just want to keep a few secrets here :).


As for the beanie - it will be delivered to my BIL this Saturday. I hope he likes it and that it fits because, quite frankly, it's turned out brilliantly! Oh - and I did my first ever crochet edge - I'm not sure if it's double crochet or treble, I think it depends on which country you come from. But it's the stitch where you wrap the yarn around before you insert it into the edge.

I also finished my tealeaves cardigan this week (sorry - no photos) and have already worn it twice and had compliments on it. Doesn't it feel great to wear something you've made and get lovely comments?

Which has inspired me to start working on my winter wardrobe, with one dress cut out to work on in the coming days. I am also working on my Gadgetman's jumper, as well as resisting buying the sized knitting needles I need to start on another cardigan for myself. Oh - an there's the little stitchery for my hairdresser that I'll start on soon too.

As you can see - lots to do! So I must be off. What's happening in your Creative Space today?

5 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Kirrily - the beanie in particular is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially love the book bag, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music books bag and the beanie is very cute too. Hope your BIL likes it (can't for the life of me see how he couldn't!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is gorgeous! Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day this weekend - just got Mr 2 home from childcare & he'd made me a beautiful picture of flowers with his handprints as the flowers -made my day!

    ReplyDelete