Blue Dots

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Creative Space


Having fun this week - working on Miss Seven's music book bag as well as knitting up my brother-in-law's home spun wool into a fair isle beanie.

The yarn is knitting up well. BIL has done well to keep a reasonably even thickness to the yarn - and even when I come across the extra thick or extra thin bits I quite like the texture it gives to the knit. After all, if you are going to have home spun wool you need it to look like it's home spun. I'm very pleased with the strength of the yarn - whenever I come to a thinner part I worry that I might find it snapping but nope - it holds well and I keep on going.

And I suspect that my hands are just a little bit softer for all the extra lanolin passing through them in the past day or two :).

Later on today I'll have a chance to see what's happening in Your Creative Space.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the beanie when it is finished. Maybe next week? Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the look of the music book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knitting is looking fantastic!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete