Blue Dots

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quilt for Master Five Months - finished and delivered!


Quite unexpectedly my high school friend contacted me last Saturday asking if they would be able to visit and stay for a few days this week. Yes, yes, yes, definitely yes! Sang my heart and her, along with her husband and two boys (two and five months) were booked in for Monday and Tuesday night.

And then I realised, if I worked steadily I could finish Master Five Month's quilt and give it to him in person when they arrived. All I had left on it was the machine quilting and the binding and once I got into it, I had it finished in time - with time to spare.


And here, at last, is the first reveal for those of you who have been following my posts about the two quilts I have been working on (this is the green backed one in the previous pictures). 

My girls drew the pictures for the stitcheries (Miss Seven doing the top three and Miss Four doing the bottom two) and I just brought it all together using Andover's "Meet The Gang" fabrics, along with a few coordinates.

Now - back to My Creative Space to finish off the second quilt for our little cousin who is literally Due Any Day Now, before starting two orders for wheat bags.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacinta. It was a lot of fun to do.

      Delete
  2. This is very special indeed. YOur idea of using your children's artwork to make an heirloom quilt is just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maxabella. Two years ago I first turned some of my daughter's drawings into some little stitcheries for her aunts and uncles that proved to be very much appreciated - and since then I find that I am becoming quite addicted to do them!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, what an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. It was a lot of fun to do and very well received by my friends.

      Delete
  4. Oh how wonderful...the artwork makes it so super special. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bron. I love how this quilt has captured my daughter's drawings in time - each time we do a collaborative project like this their drawings have evolved. Fun!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I just love the pictures for the stitcheries - what a gorgeous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larissa - I first did this kind of stitchery about two years ago and I find that they are quite addictive!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I am so with you - I'm loving it too. So much fun to do.

      Delete