Blue Dots

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Second Reveal...and a few extra photos

We received a message early last Wednesday morning that our first ever nephew/first cousin had entered the world and so my second quilt suddenly had a tangible recipient! The Misses were both very excited, and took to calling each other "cousin" and me "aunty" all day. We met Baby Cousin last Sunday and soaked up some cuddles and some delightful baby snorty sounds. And we gave him his quilt, so I can now show the rest of you the other half of what has been keeping me busy throughout March.

Because I made it before I knew if we had a niece or nephew, I used the subtle pastel shades (that the photos have sucked the life out of) from the Lily and Will fabric range by Moda, accented by the chocolate that I hoped would match the dark wooden furniture of Baby Cousin'd nursery...


And stitched in a little blessing rather than a name...


I then hand quilted the hearts and flourishes, while the rest was machine quilted...


With some of the leftover fabric I'll make him one of my trademark hand-drawn stitcheries for Christmas. In the meantime I will pray that this precious little baby boy will be wrapped in love and blessings, just as he is wrapped in this quilt.

And while I'm sharing a few photos - here are the homemade choc-chip Hot Cross Buns we enjoyed on Easter Sunday, complete with chocolate crosses as requested by the Misses...


The Misses on their Easter Egg hunt in the weedy and unkempt yet underplanted Ladies' Garden (otherwise known as the north-east corner of our quarter acre block - we'll finish the landscaping one day)...


And the Misses admiring the start of the Gadgetman's new doorway into his study (and his crazed look as he sits on the other side with saw in hand). If you go here you can read the story behind the dress being worn by Miss Seven...


I'll see you again on Thursday in My Creative Space when I'll show you what I'm working on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment