Blue Dots

Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Creative Space

Oh wow - so nice to move into a new My Creative Space home this week - thanks, Kirsty!

Anyway - have been dabbling a bit in dressmaking this week as I try to top up my long neglected wardrobe. It's hard with only 4 Kinder hours a week in which I can guarantee to have child-free sewing time (and even then other things often crowd into those hours). I could sew at night but my energy levels tend to be a little lower then (I'm a morning person) and I always fear making one of those hideous mistakes that take me three years to unpick. Still, I am managing to sneak a seam here and a fold there so hopefully I'll make slow but steady progress. If only there were a deadline...I'd find a way to have it all done yesterday.

Anyway, I have tried a little art this week - an idea inspired by Jamie Oliver.



Miss Seven was so impressed she showed her school friends and then brought it home again in her lunchbox - thus the photo.

Miss Four (who got a smiley face and a heart as she is a pre-reader) said very firmly: "Who drawed on my banana? I didn't want you to draw on my banana" (sic). *sigh* Clearly "Drawings of Affirmation" is not her love language.

4 comments:

  1. Yes... stealing moments is the key to sewing with young children. Hours that on the surface appear to be child free rarely are.
    I adore that banana idea and will be giving it a go myself. I love the idea of sending messages in a lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's only with food items. There seem to be so few she likes, each one is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a really cool trick with a banana, so when they peel it, it'a already sliced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun idea! and at least one of your girl's appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete