Blue Dots

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Ongoing Dress


As you can see I have made a little progress on my dressy-dress. The bodice is now finished and I just need to make up the skirt and attach the two. Maud is enjoying her modelling career and I enjoyed pinning the inner and outer bodice pieces together while she was wearing them - gone are the days of working over the table. Love it.

As my excuse for not having done much on the dress I offer you the following. In the past week I have also...

Completely sorted out all of my recipes - you know, all those recipes scribbled on bits of paper or cut out from magazines or printed from the internet shoved into a folder together in the hope of being used. Well, not any longer - I now have three neat binders with ten full sections each - meal planning here I come!

I have also made six wheat bags to fill the osteopath's latest order - and modified three others.

And I've knitted my way up to 40cm on the back of the cardigan I am knitting for myself (time to start decreasing).

Oh - and then there's tidying the house, taking the kids here there and everywhere, cooking and baking, running errands, shopping (clothes and shoes as well as groceries), doing Kinder duty (fun!), doing reading at school, getting back to the gym after almost two weeks off, watching the aeroplanes land at the airport, and I have been reading The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney (one of my favourite comfort writers - I have Family Baggage and Lola's Secret on my bedside table waiting).

It all fits into the category of My Creative Space, I'm sure. Must be time for a cup of tea now.

3 comments:

  1. Your dress will look lovely once finished. Maud is doing a good job of showing it off though :)

    Sounds like life has been busy and productive. Great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kirrily, you have been busy by the sounds of it.....I think you deserve an award for sorting out your recipes!

    Your dress or should I say the bodice is coming along nicely, love the colours.

    how nice to have Maud to help you out with it, definitely better than the table.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Life does get in the way of sewing doesn't it. Loving the bodice. You've made a great start.

    ReplyDelete