Blue Dots

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Two Sewing Machine Household

Miss Eight just pulled out her old little plastic toy sewing machine...

And I thought back to a conversation about sewing machines that I had had during the week with my Gadgetman while we were having a lunch date on his birthday (thanks to him working from home and the Misses being at Kinder and School across lunchtime)...

And I realised that it is time to completely indulge my sewing fancies - and those of Miss Eight and, when she's older, Miss Four, of course - and buy a second sewing machine.

Rather than getting one of those half size ones for the Misses I thought I would get a base model for all of us to use.  The Misses can learn on it and I can use it for making wheat bags rather than wearing out my fancy-pants machine on such.

At the moment I have one of these (Janome MC4900QC) and there is so much more I should be doing with it that using the straight and zigzag stitches to make wheat bags:


So to do all those basic things while I branch out on the above machine, I thought I would get one of these (Janome JR1012):


Or maybe one of these (Janome MS509):


Looks like I had better start saving. Although, Christmas isn't that far away, eh, Gadgetman?

No comments:

Post a Comment