Blue Dots

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of My Creative Space

What fun this is going to be.

Today's theme is "A Creative Space" and I have used the excuse of my room being too hard to photo in its entirety to show a couple of snaps.

A little while ago I decided to take myself seriously as a crafter - so I thought I should refer to my craft room as something other than my craft room.

Yes - I do have a whole room. Our house is four bedroom with study and my Gadgetman and I used to share the study. But is became apparent, as I kept overtaking his space, that it really wasn't working out. So we ditched the guest bedroom and are currently renovating it so it can be G-man's office since he works from home several days a week. And I get the big 3.5m x 3.5m room. Which, as you would know, will never be big enough.

Still - to take myself seriously the first thing I did was change the name from "Craft Room" to:


At some stage I'll make a more permanent sign...once I decided whether to do one as a scrap page, a stitchery, or by using some other crafty method.

Then there is the matter of my table - a dining table that made its way to my room when we turned the formal dining area into a music room. (Isn't is funny how when you live in a house for a while that you begin to realise that you use it differently to how you first intended?) The table has been raised to 90cm and is usually a lot more clear than this. Really. It is. But I was dabbling with some personal projects when a wheat bag order came in so I literally pushed aside the personal projects to make some room to do the wheat bags.


If you want to play along with A Month of My Creative Space then all the details are HERE. In the meantime, I'm going to have a sticky beak at other people's creative spaces!

2 comments:

  1. Oh ... I love it. A studio :)
    Looking forward to seeing the new signage... but I bet it'll have to wait until next year - there is a big event looming isn't there??? I'm starting to get a bit panicked about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, your own studio - very nice! My studio is a corner of the large rumpus room, the floor of which is usually covered in toys thanks to Miss Three and Mr One. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete