Blue Dots

Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Creative Space

I walked past the Osteopath on my way to the gym this morning and noticed that she only had three waistband style wheat bags left, so I suspect I will get another order soon.

In the meantime I will try and get through as much as I can - which means less preparing for new projects that I will start in the new year, and more focus on finishing projects. After all December is fast approaching and I will need to be ready to start Christmas projects by then.

So today, in My Creative Space, I will try and fill out the last few pages of journalling in my travel album from Vanuatu.


The Gadgetman and I went in 2000 and I stuck all the photos and memorabilia and stickers into the album about 10 years ago. Now for the titles and journalling. Once this one is done I have four more travel albums to finish. If I journal a day of travel each day I should be finished by the end of November. Not a bad goal.

I also need a hat. It felt very naughty to be doing Kinder duty on Monday without a hat during the Sun Smart season.



As you can see, I am using Nicole Mallalieu's most excellent hat pattern that I have already used for a hat for my daughter. I am disappointed with my fabric as when I pre-washed it the red dye ran into the white background and has not entirely come out. But it will be fine. I intend to make a few other hats in other more neutral colours anyway.

And then there's the knitting.



I'm going well with my first ever cabling. I have finished the "Triple Gull Cable" section and am now up to a sort of criss cross patterning. This is a very well written pattern by Elena Nodal - excellent for novice cable knitters like myself.

Aside from that I hope to get out into the garden today to plant some companions for my fruit trees. Aphids are abounding on a couple of plants but I have seen lots of ladybirds at work so I think, like last year, I will not need to spray anything.

I also need to decide what to have for dinner. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. would that pattern work for a rain hat if I used laminated fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is definitely the right kind for a rain hat, but there are a couple of steps that require some manipulation of the fabric to get the seams even, so the fabric would have to be flexible. Having said that, I saw some cotton backed laminated fabric yesterday that seemed quite light and flexible. The instructions on this pattern are amazing if you wanted to purchase it.

      Delete
  2. Got to love a handmade hat! I have been making loads lately for all my friends kids! They all love them! Hope the red comes out! How annoying is that. & your knitting is clever!

    ReplyDelete