Blue Dots

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Creative Space - Is Still Here!

Since Kirsti introduced the Instagram #mycreativespace option I've been a bit slacky on keeping up with the blog. Heh heh - that's why I was so pleased when Instagram became an option because I knew it would be easier for me than organising myself to sit down and do a proper blog post with photos and everything.

Anyway - here I am thanks to Sarah, of Charlisa Designs, who was asking about my knitting projects. I realised if I actually updated my blog I'd be able to show her my latest project.

So here it is - the ongoing beige cardigan, just waiting for buttons and the ends to be sewn in. I was a little annoyed that the pattern didn't specify where to put the buttonholes and in hindsight I would have put them further away from the edge of the band. But I still consider myself to be a novice knitter and will excuse myself...just this once, at least.


I also have had a huge wheat bag order from one of my (two) regular customers. A local Personal Trainer (the one who tortures my husband at Boot Camp three times a week) is fundraising for the Relay For Life cause and is selling my wheat bags to help raise funds - so I am working overtime to get her order finished. I love the way that the wheat bag not only helps the person who uses it, but a whole lot of other people as well as 100% of our profits, and sometimes the profits of those who sell them on, go towards charities.


Oh, and thanks to You Sew Girl's recommendation, I have my new zipper foot on its way for my sewing machine. Can't wait to give it a try - I'm sure to use it straight away as I use a zipper foot when I sew the velcro onto the wheat bag straps.

By the end of the month I hope to have finished a few of my own sewing projects, as well as done a whole lot more journalling on my ten year old scrapbooks. But I just can't help myself...I've agreed to hem a school dress for a school mum and may even sequin her daughter's callisthenics costumes as well. Seems I'm addicted to starting new things, in spite of my "No New Projects" work to rule.

Oh - and if anyone can recommended how much I should charge for sequining costumes, I'd love to hear your advice!

How's Your Creative Space going this week?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely - thank you for posting the picture - the Cardigan looks great! Can't wait to see it being worn :o) Good luck with getting the wheat bags finished! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is no way the word 'novice' should be used in that cardi. i am seriously impressed with that effort, go you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cardigan looks fantastic I hope you've been able to use it while the weather was cool. It looks like sewing up those wheat bags is going to keep you busy for such a great cause. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi Kirrily:)

    ReplyDelete