Blue Dots

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If Music Be The Thread Of Love...

...Then Sew On!


(Apologies to Shakespearian purists.)

Well, in spite of the fact that I have to borrow a week from April to meet my March 31st deadline for the two cot quilts (which I shall reveal once they are safely in the hands of their recipients), I still can't resist an immediate opportunity to start a new project.

Miss Seven has come home from her piano lesson today with two new books and instructions that it is time to find a bigger satchel. And so I have set about designing a satchel to suit her specifications, namely:

  • must include a shoulder handle
  • a zip at the top
  • a name..."like you did on my library bag, mum"
  • and it must be big enough in size to fit two music books, one theory book and her teacher's communication book.

I've found some appropriate fabric on special at one of my favourite online quilting shops. So, really, what's stopping me?

Oh yes, the quilts.

And rumour has it I'm about to have a wheat bag order come in too.


And let's not forget poor Maud (the name has stuck so far), waiting to have the sleeves added to her jacket.

And is that a new Shade Card from Bendigo Woollen Mills in the mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment