Blue Dots

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Perennial "To Do" List



I need to stick to the list.

Enough of the random fabric sorting, skirt cutting and - of late - trawling through archives and genealogy sites to find out whether there are two or four convicts in my direct ancestry.

I have a cork board here in my room and I have stuck large tags to it with this month's projects written on them. As I complete a project I will remove a tag and pat myself on the back. The categories are varied with scrapbooking, sewing, hand stitching, knitting, gardening and writing all having a place. And the hope is that I will stop doing things on a whim - which rarely get completed before I start something else on a whim - and start actually finishing projects.

I need to reclaim all my spare time - knitting while I drink tea, scrapping while the girls are having their bath, writing while the girls watch a little TV, sewing during child free time. And I need to set daily goals for my genealogy work, or that will take all of my spare time (I haven't done it for years but have recently had my passion for it reignited - not good timing when a few days earlier I had declared my need to stick to the list).

As I walk into my craft room and see my newly and neatly arranged fabric stash, or most recently arrived scrapbooking supply pack, or the print outs of long lost relatives' marriage certificates, or the box of balls of luscious yarn yet to be unravelled, I can feel the pull of fiddling and faffing about and starting something new. But then I see the clutter made by all the things half finished and I know that it is definitely time to Stick To The List.

At least for the rest of this month anyway ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment