Blue Dots

Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Culinary Creative Space


I seem to be living in the kitchen at the moment...but thankfully not sampling too much of what I've been cooking so I haven't had to adjust Maud's dimensions any.

There are causes and occasions happening that have led me to the kitchen. I have been baking up a storm for lunchboxes here at home, but doubling the quantities to help fill the lunchboxes of some friends who are a little short on time at the moment.

And now I have a pot of bolognese sauce on the boil which will be split into two or three portions - one for a pasta bake for a school family who have found themselves in some tricky circumstances, one for Spaghetti Bolognese Pie for a Pie Night with friends tomorrow night and any left overs will be for a hot weekend lunch.

Above you can see last week's dessert for Friday Night's Dessert Night - individual apple crumbles that were To Die For. We topped them with choc-chip ice-cream and the choc-chips went all melty and absolutely divine.

There was hot lunch for a visit to the new nephew (and his parents, of course) and also a choc-cherry slice and lemon delicious slice for a morning tea at a local school tomorrow...and so the list goes on.

So I'm afraid that the craft room (which really needs a new name) has been somewhat neglected of late. Although I have been doing a little fabric strip rolling...


And here's a self-indulgent picture of Miss Getting-Close-To-Being-Eight performing in front of a couple of hundred people on Tuesday night for the Winter Music Recital. She did absolutely brilliantly - of course :).


How is your Creative Space going this week?

6 comments:

  1. ohh yum apple crumble my fav. I am curious what are the fabric strips for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah - thanks for dropping by. The fabric strips are all of my leftovers from other projects. They will probably be made into little things for the Misses - or for gifts for their friends. I love the look of them all rolled up in my drawer rather than in one big tangled mess :). Apple crumble is Miss Four's favourite too - and she's a fussy eater so it's good to serve up something that gets eaten with a passion.

      Delete
  2. Oh super pretty supplies & scrummy food. I just bought 6 little Le Creuset casserole dishes so i can make each of my children (+ husband) mini pies & wintery dishes. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Posie - and thanks for dropping by. I love using the little ramekins for making individual serves of food - especially crumbles and self saucing puddings. They come in handy when serving up meals that have lots of bits and pieces too. :)

      Delete
  3. My goodness Kirrily you have been whipping up a storm in the kitchen. No doubt the recipients of your culinary skills would certainly be appreciative....I know I would be.
    Everything sounds yummy specially lemon delicious slice and apple crumble. Just as well I have a serve of rhubarb crumble left in the fridge after reading your post, hehe......

    Well done to Miss Almost Eight......what a confident young lady she is. My hands would've been shaking with nerves.

    Have a great week,

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete